5.24.2007

The Sweet Escape

I've been a No Doubt/Gwen Stefani fan since high school and have always wanted to go to a concert. I did see No Doubt open for The Smashing Pumpkins, but that was a long time ago and right at the time where they were coming into their own.

Mix 98.1, our local radio station in Defiance, is currently having a call-in contest to 'Sing Like Stefani'. If you are chosen as the best 'impersonator', they will give you 2 tickets to the June 2nd show in Indianapolis. Well...yesterday I became a star. If it was only for a minute, and only on a local station in Defiance, Ohio, it was well worth it. I decided to give it a whirl and sing a verse from Gwen Stefani's song 'Cool'. And sure enough, a few hours later they announced me as the winner out of every caller they had listened to! I was/am ecstatic!

There is one conflict. My brother-in-laws graduation party is that Saturday. It doesn't start until 5 and that is the time I would have to leave to drive to Indianapolis to make it to the concert on time. I've talked to Adam about it and he told me to do what I wanted to do, but I don't want to disappoint anyone. He is going to his brothers baseball game tonight and is going to say something to his parents about my opportunity. We will see how they react and if they say for me to go for it, then I'll be on my way to the 'Sweet Escape Tour 2007' next Saturday.

I'm crossing my fingers that I will get to go...
And I'll be happy for you...
If you can be happy for me...
Circles and triangles...
And now we're hanging out with your new girlfriend...
So far from where we've been...
I know we're cool...

No comments: