2.01.2007

Home Alone

As I sit here chatting online with my sister, she informs me that the movie Home Alone is on TV. It happens to be one of my dads favorites and we watch it every Christmas. It's funny that it's on tonight because I'm home alone as well. Well...almost.

I like being home alone. It gives me time to catch up on the things I often put off when my husband is home...cleaning, organizing, etc. I also like to just sit and relax in the silence while my 'kids' terrorize each other around the house. The kids I'm referring to are my two kitties, Cali and Oreo. (You guess what colors they are...) One minute they are picking at each other and the next they're out cold on the couch. I wish I could be a house cat... You'd always have someone there to feed you, clean up the 'bathroom' once you've used it, and even get free massages every now and then. Oh yeah, and the 16 hours of sleep each day wouldn't be half bad either...

I also like to tend to my little indoor garden.

I've started to really like gardening. My mom is a fabulous gardener with a real talent, along with my grandma. (Being a 'green thumb' must run in the family...) It's so much fun to watch things grow and even more fun to try and be the one to grow those things. I can't wait until springtime so I can see what things outside made it through the winter!

Well it's 8:30 and I have a half an hour before Grey's Anatomy starts. I suppose I should do some laundry and maybe empty the dishwasher. If I don't do it now it probably won't get done until the next time I'm home alone...

No comments: