Let me just tell you something...I will never, EVER, for the rest of my life, hang wallpaper in my house. It takes so much time and effort to get that stuff off of the wall! Ours came off in layers...layer one was the wallpaper itself and layer two was the glue backing. Ugh. I can't tell you how relieved I am that that was the last room in the house that had wallpaper in it.
Ah yes, our summer project. I feel like I should have had a sign posted in the doorway to the room that read..."Room closed for repairs. Will reopen by Christmas 2007." Seriously. It's now October and the room isn't even finished. Oh it probably could have been if the first gallon of paint we tried hadn't turned out to be a Pepto-Bismal pink color. After that I was ready to hire a professional because there was no way that I even wanted to try again at finding the right color of paint.
Finally though, Adam and I decided last week that we were going to put our noses to the grindstone. We painted in our spare time last week and got the first layer of paint on the walls you can see from the rest of the house. I figured that if we at least got that much done that when you walked past the room it at least looked finished.
My parents came up to hang out with me on Sunday. (Adam had to farm...) Dad helped me hang a couple of the new Roman shades that I had bought at JCPenney months back. He also fixed our storage closet doors. I got the trim work that I wanted to get done finished, so it looked like we had gotten something accomplished...FINALLY!
The big day was today. Tonight actually, after we were both home from work. Adam grilled some chicken and I made some potatoes for supper so we could get to work on a full stomach. I got some more trim work done, Adam finished up with the second coat of paint on the walls, and we got our molding nailed back up that we had taken down back in June.
After some dusting, vacuuming, and re-arranging of furniture, it looks like this...