7.25.2007

A Bad Day Gone Good

Waking up with a horrible headache that lasted all day, I struggled to make it through the work day yesterday. On top of that came stress from customers, computers, and cell phones. I was supposed to end my day at 5:00, but didn't end up leaving until after 6:00...with my headache. Once I was home, I changed into my 'comfy' clothes and collapsed on the couch. I told Adam that I was going to go to bed earlier than normal to try and erase my awful day. He wasn't going to allow me to do just that.

"Let's make some cookies", he says. "It will put you in a better mood." I wasn't so sure, but decided to pick my lazy body off of the couch and into the kitchen to give it a try. We whipped up some chocolate chip cookie dough and baked a little over 2 dozen in no time at all. They came out soft and moist, just perfect! And he was right, it cheered me right up!

In between batches, we made our nightly rounds throughout our yard to check out our plants and flowers. My gladiolus was in partial bloom so I ran inside to grab my camera and take some pictures. I am doing a photo book from Shutterfly that includes different pictures of flowers that have been in bloom in our gardens and thought pictures of my Gladiolus would be a nicely added touch.

So all in all, my bad day was turned into good thanks to my wonderful husband. He always knows how to lift my spirits!

No comments: